The Downtown Jamestown Winter Market opened its inaugural season last week showcasing a dozen vendors including two local farms providing fresh, locally grown produce and local artisans with a plethora of handmade and local products.
Zumba will be offered each week through DJDC and Jamestown Community College. Classes will be held November 29 through January 31, excluding December 27, from 5pm-6pm at the Renaissance Center. Participation is $36 per person, only $4 per class, and registration forms are available on DJDC’s website. Pre-registration is required by November 19.
“This is a great opportunity for those curious about Zumba to try it and see what it is all about,” said Tiffani Conti, DJDC Special Projects Manager. “Zumba is an increasingly popular form of exercise and will complement our community’s drive encouraging eating right and exercising for a healthy lifestyle.”
The winter market is held every Thursday through January 31 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Dr. Lillian Vitanza Ney Renaissance Center. The market features Busti Cider Mill & Farm Market and Small Meadows Farm with fresh locally grown produce including winter squash, tomatoes, onions, garlic, greens, peppers, and eggplant; bakery items; fresh-ground flours; goat milk fudge and organic goat milk soap; fresh-frozen meats; and much more.
Enjoy homemade whoopee pies, specialty cupcakes and Christmas cookies new this week.
Market organizers are looking to expand with additional vendors for those interested. Contact DJDC at 664-2477 for more information.
A canning demonstration is scheduled for November 15 during market hours providing the necessary information to properly preserve.
Metered parking is available along Foundry Alley and in the parking lot behind the Renaissance Center. Free parking is available in front of the Renaissance Center.
- B&B Caterers: Located at 207 E Third Street in Jamestown serving soups, desserts and other menu items.
- Baked Goods by Nicole: Whoopee pies, specialty cupcakes, assorted Christmas cookies
- Busti Cider Mill & Farm Market: Fresh grown vegetables, apples, jams & jellies, maple products, local honey, fresh ground flours (whole wheat, rye, buckwheat, corn meal), bakery items and apple cider when available.
- Dun Roving Farm Alpaca Store: Handmade and commercial alpaca & alpaca blend products including socks, hats, mittens, scarves, gloves, vest, shawls, blankets, yarn & knitting needles, felted soap, roving to spin, and raw fleece.
- GG My Love: Located at 211 N Main Street in Jamestown featuring women’s fashions, apparel, and accessories.
- Gretchen’s Happy Handbags: Handmade, over-the-shoulder and reversible purses and jewelry
- Infusions, LLC: Gourmet extra virgin olive oils and aged balsamic vinegars infused with flavorings. Mistos for spraying olive oils and pour spouts for bottles. Gift baskets with variety packs will be available. Twenty-five flavors available with spices, herbs, fruits both organic and traditional. Online store with shopping cart can ship across the United States.
- Jewelry by Debbie: Handmade jewelry including bracelets, earrings, and necklaces; sterling silver, pendants, and beaded work
- Pearled Reflections: Artist acrylic on canvas crafts created by hand featuring a unique empesto style.
- Recycle Pieces Tie-Dye: Handmade tie-dye apparel and accessories; exclusive handmade pink ribbon products
- Scandinavian Resources: Locally crafted and imported Swedish items including wooden trays, figures and utensils, linens and Christmas items, books, hats, t-shirts, flags, ornaments and Dala horse items.
- Small Meadows Farm: Locally grown produce, eggs, organic homemade goat milk soap, frozen meats, and cheese.
- Wallflowers Design Studio: Floral arrangements and wreaths.
More information about the market check out www.discoverjamestown.com or call DJDC at 664-2477.