Roger Tory Peterson Institute
Memberships at RTPI come with many benefits:
- Unlimited museum admission during regular operating hours (excluding ticketed events)
- 10% discount on all museum store and online museum store purchases
- $3 discount on admissions for non-members who accompany a member
Member only offers
- Invitations to events, including member only events
Now there is an additional benefit
- Members receive a $3 discount per ticket when they purchase one, two, or three Art After 5 (AA5) tickets.
What is Art After 5?
Art After 5 is a wonderful opportunity to gather together and enjoy art, food, drinks, and conversing with friends – new and old.
Some of the art is visual – currently Thomas D Mangelsen: A Life in the Wild.
Some of the art is musical – each AA5 features live music. On February 25, The Assembly (pictured above) played. On March 25, AA5 will feature Ron Yarman, a singer/songwriter from Erie, PA. We will have an up and coming country music duo in June, which we will announce soon. If you come to AA5 10 times in 2022, you might see 10 different musical performers.
We also take a deeper dive into an important topic at each AA5 in the form of a 15-20 minute program. In February, Collections Curator Maria Ferguson discussed the factors that combine to make a good to great photograph and used the current exhibition to demonstrate Tom Mangelsen’s mastery of photography. In March, George Harper, who is a biologist in addition to being our Development and Communications Director, will discuss what Mangelsen’s photos teach us about the animals in them.
Art After 5 is a great way to enjoy what is at the heart of RTPI – Art and Conservation.