Article Contributed by
Chautauqua County Office for the Aging
The Chautauqua County Office for the Aging (OFA) has announced this year’s distribution of Senior Farmer’s Market coupon books. Coupons will be distributed at:
- Dunkirk Senior Center at 45 Cliffstar Ct. in Dunkirk, right next to the Farmer’s Market, on Wednesday, July 13 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or until books are gone.
- Covenant Manor Apartments at 23 W. 3rd St. in Jamestown, right next to the Farmer’s Market, on Thursday, July 14 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or until books are gone.
- OFA Office at 7 North Erie St. in Mayville on Friday, July 15, from 10 a.m. to noon or until books are gone.
In order to qualify for the program, seniors age 60+ must meet the following criteria:
- Monthly income of at or below $1,832 for a single person household;
- Monthly income of at or below $2,470 for a two person household; or
- Monthly income of at or below $ 3,108 for a three person household.
Seniors who wish to apply need to come in person and be prepared to show proof of age.
Coupon books are worth $20 with five coupons worth $4 each in each booklet. Coupons are only accepted at designated Farmer’s Markets, a list of participating markets with their locations and times will be dispersed with the coupons. Seniors must come in person to pick up coupons unless a Power of Attorney form is presented.
For more information, please contact the Office for the Aging in Mayville at 753-4471, in Dunkirk at 363-3865, or in Jamestown at 661-8940.