Article Contributed by
Hazeltine Public Library
The Hazeltine Public Library invites you take part in The Big Read, which runs now thru March 17th. The goal of The Big Read is to bring communities together through reading and culture. These events incorporate themes from this year’s book Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. Special thanks to the National Endowment for the Arts for funding these events.
- Adult Reading Contest – Every time you read and return a library book, visit the library for a chance to win a bag filled with prizes.
- Children’s Tic Tac Toe Reading Challenge – Complete a Tic Tac Toe worksheet and return it for a prize.
- Lego Club – Meets Tuesdays @4pm. Geared for children ages 5-11. Big Read Lego Contest will take place March 8th and 15th. The only thing you need to bring is an imagination and yourself.
- Storytime – We welcome children and families Thursday mornings @10am. We share stories, songs, and a simple craft. No registration is required and everyone is welcome.
- Book Club – Discussions take place during the third week of the month on Wednesday Nights and Thursday afternoons. Next meetings are 3/15 @5:30pm and 3/16 @1pm. No experience needed and all adults are welcome.
- Children’s’ Author Visit – Retired, local art teacher Jim Vincent, will be reading and discussing his children’s book Back when and For Now on Thursday March 10th @6pm. Attendees can purchase discounted copies of the book and have them autographed. Refreshments will be served and everyone in the Busti and surrounding communities are welcome.
Anyone can take part in The Big Read and all events are free and open to the public. Signing up for a library is also free and can be used at all 38 libraries in the Chautauqua – Cattaraugus Library System. Stop in or call for more details. You can find us Online at www.hazeltinelibrary.org or by phone (716) 487-1281. The library is located at 891 Busti Sugar Grove at the five corners in Busti (Jamestown).