Article Contributed by
Alexander’s Restaurant is delighted to announce they are once again the site for the “Short Walk” fundraiser with donations going to Little People of America (LPA), on October 6, 2019. Kris Hess and Andy Wallen (Alexander’s Co-Owners) and Katie Roche (2nd Grade Teacher and LPA member) have once again joined to co-chair the event.
“Last year’s event was spectacular, our community really turned out and made the event very successful and fun, our entire team here at Alexander’s is looking forward to supporting the event again,” said Andy Wallen. Last year the event raised over $2,800, that supported college and vocational scholarships for little people. “I was really happy with the turnout last year, we had over 100 participants,” said Katie Roche.
The “Short Walk” consists of the following:
• Entry fee, Adult $25 and Children $15, and if you pre-register before September 29 a walk shirt
• A Beer, Soda or Juice Box at the start line
• A 1/8 mile stroll to the donut tent
• Donut at halfway mark
• A 1/8 mile stroll back to the finish line
• A Beer, Soda or Juice Box at finish line for all participants
• Total Distance = ¼ mile or 1280 feet
• A 50/50 raffle
October is Dwarfism Awareness Month. Dwarfism affects an estimated 30,000 people in the United States and 651,000 internationally. There are over 200 forms of dwarfism, typically individuals with dwarfism are not taller than 4’11”. Little People of America was founded in 1957 and now has over 6,800 active members in all 50 states.