JAMESTOWN, N.Y. (August 5, 2013) – The Child Advocacy Program of Chautauqua County (CAP) will be hosting a Corn Toss Tournament, BBQ and informal auction at the Red House Barn in Cassadaga on Saturday, August 17th from 2-8 pm. Proceeds will benefit the Child Advocacy Program.
This event was spearheaded by the owner of the Red House, Steve Wickmark, who participated in a similar event last year in West Virginia that resulted in over $2,500 being donated to children’s programming. This year Steve decided to host the event in Chautauqua County on the grounds of his beautiful property at 91 Frisbee Road in Cassadaga and invited the Child Advocacy Program Board and volunteers to help organize and promote the event. We hope to have 200 people join us for this big “party with a purpose”.
The highlight of the event will be a Corn Toss Tournament with trophies for the top teams. Many thanks go to Dave Messinger, CEO of Colecraft Commercial Furnishings, and Colecraft employees, who happily constructed and donated the game boards to CAP. Colecraft has even customized the boards to promote CAP.
- Tournament: Registration begins at 1:00 PM; tournament begins at 2:00. Bracket will be single-elimination, blind draw.
- Awards: Trophies given to 1st Place, 2nd Place and Honorable Mention
- Entry Fee: $30 per team (Price includes two t-shirts
- Age requirement: Recommended participants be 18 years of age or older (males, females and coed teams are allowed.)
- Registration forms: Located on CAP’s Website www.capjustice.org
- BBQ Dinner and Informal Auctions: Join the party from 2:00-8:00 pm. BBQ dinner for $12.00
- Raffles and music all day
- Spectators welcome – no charge
The proceeds from the corn toss and BBQ help CAP with the costs of providing counseling, advocacy and prevention efforts at their Jamestown and Dunkirk locations.
Sponsors for the event include 3 C’s Catering, WDOE/KIX Country, Basil Chevrolet Buick & Cadillac, Pepsi Bottling Group, First Niagara Bank, Colecraft Commercial Furnishings, the Red House and Tim Hortons.
For more information on the Child Advocacy Program of Chautauqua County, to hold a Stewards of Children Workshop at your organization or to sponsor a counseling session for $50, visit www.capjustice.org, www.facebook.com/capjustice or call 716-388-9844.
The Child Advocacy Program’s mission is to keep children safe from abuse, and when abuse occurs, to work with our community to bring healing, hope and justice to these children and families.