Article Contributed by
Art in the Wilds
The Eighth Annual Art in the Wilds is returning to Kane, PA this summer and we invite you to submit your application to the show! This outdoor, juried fine arts event will be held on Saturday, June 28 and Sunday, June 29 from 10 AM to 5 PM each day in beautifully wooded Evergreen Park right in the center of town!
Kane is a small town in northwestern PA that is surrounded by the Allegheny National Forest. It is part of the PA Wilds and PA Route 6 Artisan Trails, the ANF Visitors Bureau and the Kane Chamber of Commerce. And it’s a beautiful drive from any direction!
The 2013 show was a great success, attracting over 5,200 visitors who purchased more than 850 separate original art pieces. We expect to attract over 6,000 visitors this year and plan to keep our number of artists below 40.
Funding is received from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts and the Kane Community Development Foundation, along with corporate and individual sponsorships such as LINK, all of which are all used in advertising to bring patrons to buy your art.
Artist satisfaction is a priority with us:
- The 2014 show had an average artist satisfaction score of 9.3 on a scale of 1 to 10.
- We do extensive advertising including 42,000 show programs which are distributed in area newspapers along with radio, newspaper and travel guide ads, rack card and poster distribution, online and social media.
- You may take advantage of Friday set-up with free parking nearby and an artist reception and free breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday.
- We provide overnight security and a safe atmosphere.
- Inexpensive lodging is available.
- Volunteers are at your service to provide booth sitting and help with set up and take down.
- There will be food vendors but the art will be the focus of the event.
- It’s Alumni Weekend in Kane – all of our five year high school classes celebrate at the same time so we already have a nice crowd.
Fine art, high quality fine craft, limited high quality prints and photography are accepted. The application deadline is March 1, 2014. Requirements include five digital images of recent work, one of your display and one of you creating your work, a copy of your artist statement and a description of your art process. These will be reviewed by outside professional jurists and you will be notified by March 24th of your acceptance.
You must provide a white tent with 4 sides that can be securely anchored to the ground and secured at night. The price of our 10’ x 10’ spaces remains at $100 and the jury fee at $20.
Please go to our website www.artinthewilds.org to learn more and to fill out the application. We hope you will try the new on-line version as it is very user-friendly. You can also call, email or write to the above address for questions and to receive a copy of the show guidelines, rules and application.
An artist recently wrote, “Just a quick note to let you know how happy we were to participate in your show. The quality of the other exhibitors was exceptional and so was the way we were treated by everyone associated with it.”