Although winter is here, the community can still purchase fresh, locally grown produce at the weekly Downtown Jamestown Winter Market every Thursday from 11am-3pm in the Dr. Lillian Vitanza Ney Renaissance Center.
Participating farmers have an array of fresh produce that is currently being grown in winter greenhouses. Produce that will be available this week include apples, brussel sprouts, collards, kale, peppers, lettuce, eggplant, tomatoes, leeks, rutabaga, parsnips, cabbage, onions, shallots, winter squash, potatoes, and garlic. Fresh, local eggs, cob popcorn, home-ground flours, and fresh-frozen meat including roasting chickens are also available.
New vendors continue to join the market including gluten-free baked goods, candles, soaps and lotions, dream catchers, handmade jewelry and the Jamestown Bio Dome Project. Lunch will also be provided by B&B Caterers.
“The market continues to expand both in attendance and vendor participation,” said Tiffani Conti, DJDC Special Projects Manager. “We have a lot of great vendors participating with many unique, locally and handmade items. Most, if not all, items available in the market would make amazing holiday gifts, in addition to buying local produce.”
Metered parking is available along Foundry Alley and in the parking lot behind the Renaissance Center. Free parking is available in front of the Renaissance Center.
- Alexalina Boutique: Homemade tutus, fairy wings, halos, headbands, wands, hats and more.
- B&B Caterers: Located at 207 E Third Street in Jamestown serving soups, desserts and other lunch menu items.
- Busti Cider Mill & Farm Market: Fresh grown vegetables, apples, jams & jellies, maple products, local honey, fresh ground flours (whole wheat, rye, buckwheat, corn meal), bakery items and apple cider when available.
- Calligraphy by Kathleen: Handmade calligraphy poetry, cards, signs, and keepsakes
- Dun Roving Farm Alpaca Store: Handmade and commercial alpaca & alpaca blend products including socks, hats, mittens, scarves, gloves, vest, shawls, blankets, yarn & knitting needles, felted soap, roving to spin, and raw fleece.
- GG My Love: Located at 211 N Main Street in Jamestown featuring women’s fashions, apparel, and accessories.
- Infusions, LLC: Gourmet extra virgin olive oils and aged balsamic vinegars infused with flavorings. Mistos for spraying olive oils and pour spouts for bottles. Gift baskets with variety packs will be available. Twenty-five flavors available with spices, herbs, fruits both organic and traditional. Online store with shopping cart can ship across the United States.
- Jamestown BioDome Project: Local business focusing on growing local herbs and produce indoors and outdoors
- Lady of the Lake: Hand crafted beach glass jewelry and art work, candles, candle holders, soaps and lotions, and dream catchers
- Pearled Reflections: Artist acrylic on canvas crafts created by hand featuring a unique empesto style.
- Recycle Pieces Tie-Dye: Handmade tie-dye apparel and accessories; exclusive handmade pink ribbon products
- Scandinavian Resources: Locally crafted and imported Swedish items including wooden trays, figures and utensils, linens and Christmas items, books, hats, t-shirts, flags, ornaments and Dala horse items.
- Small Meadows Farm: Locally grown produce, eggs, organic homemade goat milk soap, frozen meats, and cheese.
- Wallflowers Design Studio: Floral arrangements and wreaths.
- Wires by Juanita: Hand crafted wire sculpture jewelry using sterling silver, 14K rolled gold, and copper wire including rings, pendants, necklaces, and earrings with precious, semi-precious and gem stones.
More information about the market visit www.discoverjamestown.com or call DJDC at 664-2477.