Article Contributed by
Infinity Visual and Performing Arts, Inc.
Infinity Visual and Performing Arts, Inc. has recently been awarded funding from the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation to support a number of projects for students who participate in programming at the Infinity Center!
Infinity is very thankful to Tory, the CRCF staff, and Board of Directors for their continued belief in the work that Infinity is doing in Chautauqua County. When Infinity began in 1998, and as the program has grown over the last 20 years, providing scholarship options to all students with a desire to learn has always been a cornerstone of the Infinity mission. Through tenacious grant seeking and donations from local businesses and individuals, Infinity raises more than $42,000 in scholarship funding annually.
This scholarship funding ensures that students with financial need are able to have access to individualized arts education. Our program has never had to turn a student away. We thank the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation for joining this effort with support of our Access to Arts Education scholarship program again in 2018.
CRCF supported a number of additional projects at Infinity in 2018 including:
• The tuning of Infinity’s Steel Drums in preparation for our Spring Showcase and summer performances.
• Sponsorship support for Infinity’s annual Learning Carnival and Open House event, which allows area young people and their families an opportunity to explore the Infinity Center at no cost.
• Funding for maintenance and repairs on Infinity’s musical instruments and facility equipment to keep it in excellent condition for more than 500 students who come to Infinity for lessons each week.
• Sponsoring a NYSSMA solo prep workshop for area students.
• Funding to help Infinity replace a broken copy machine and purchase additional needed office equipment.
• A website redevelopment grant for upgrades to Infinity’s website to make the site more user-friendly for students, parents, funders, community members, and supporters!
Executive Director of the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation, Tory Irgang, says, “Infinity is so special due to the incredibly talented instructors, volunteers and staff who work with local students following their passions. We are proud to be a part of inspiring this next generation of artists, musicians and dancers through the programming at Infinity.”
According to Infinity’s Executive Director, Shane Hawkins, “The Chautauqua Region Community Foundation is such an asset for our community and local nonprofits. We are so very appreciative of and thankful for the grant approvals that have allowed us to continuously improve our students’ experience and options here at Infinity.”
If you would like to learn more about what Infinity offers or support any of the programs occurring at the Infinity Center, please contact Infinity at 716-664-0991 or online at www.infinityperformingarts.org.
For more information about Chautauqua Region Community Foundation, please visit them online at www.crcfonline.org.
Infinity is a music and arts education and performing arts center that offers private lessons, group classes, and an array of arts experiences and performance opportunities within five pillars of the arts: music, art, dance, theater, and literature. Infinity offers something for all ages and experience levels.
Join us, and Explore, Experience, and Excel in the arts!
New student orientations take place once a month at 301 East Second Street Lynn Building, Suite 101, Jamestown, NY 14701.
For more information, call 716-664-0991 or visit www.infinityperformingarts.org