The Downtown Jamestown Development Corporation announces the winners from The Resource Center and TRC Foundation A Tradition of Caring at Christmas Parade and Holiday Celebration that was held last Friday in downtown Jamestown. There were over 100 groups who participated, with over 200 units in the parade.
The following entries received an award.
- Most Creative – Der Kobblers Automobile Association
- Best Small Business – Jamestown Harley Davidson
- Best Large Business – The Resource Center Toys for Tots
- Best Large Industry – Pepsi Beverage Company
- Most Festive – Affinity One Federal Credit Union
- Most Family Oriented – YMCA Jets Swim Team
- Best Animal Entry – Chocolat Salon & Day Spa
- Best Theme Related (A Tradition of Caring at Christmas) – Emmanuel Baptist Church
- Best Colorguard – AMVETS Memorial Post 726
- Most Community Involvement – Blue Star Mothers
- Best Youth Involvement – Jamestown Composite Squadron
- Best Fire Department – Bemus Point Volunteer Fire Department
- Best All-Around – Jamestown BPU
Each winner will receive a commemorative parade trophy. Winners can pick up their trophy this week at the DJDC offices located at 119-121 West Third Street, Jamestown between 8am-5pm daily. Trophies are sponsored in part by Casella Waste Services, Chautauqua Lake Region Antique Car Club of America, Chautauqua Lake Twin Tier Antique & Classic Boat Society, Dependable Tow & Recovery, Der Kobblers, Geer-Dunn Co., Harley Davidson of Jamestown, Inc., Hector’s Power Sports, Hollyloft Ski & Bike, Jamestown ICE & Storage, Pepsi, Beverage Company, R. Patti Concrete & Excavating, Signature Sealcoating & Striping Service, Inc., Sinclairville Volunteer Fire Department,
“We would like to thank everyone that is involved with executing the parade including the staff, volunteers, parade participants, city officials and workers, downtown businesses and the thousands of spectators that come down to enjoy it,” said Tiffani Conti, DJDC Special Projects Manager. “This event is truly a community event and each year it shows just how wonderful Jamestown is. The annual parade is such a great way to end another successful year in downtown and the surrounding region.
Photos were taken courtesy of Jon Elder Productions and are available at www.jonelder.com/studio_blog/.