Article Contributed by
Jamestown Parks, Recreation & Conservation Department
The City of Jamestown’s Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department would like to announce the 2014 Summer Band Concert schedule at the Goranson Band Shell in Allen Park.
The first concert of the season will be held on Wednesday, June 11th at 7:00 p.m. and will be presented by the Jamestown High School Concert Band under the direction of Meghan Murray.
Additional concerts will be held at 7:00 p.m. as follows:
- Wednesday, June 25th Jamestown Municipal Band
- Wednesday, July 2nd Jamestown Municipal Band
- Wednesday, July 9th Jamestown Municipal Band presented by the Scandinavian Studies Program
- Wednesday, July 16th Jamestown Municipal Band
- Wednesday, July 23rd Jamestown Municipal Band
- Wednesday, July 30th Jamestown Municipal Band presented by The Resource Center
- The Jamestown Municipal Band has performed in Allen Park since the 1950s, with musical events being held annually since the construction of the bandshell in 1966.
In addition to funding provided annually by the City of Jamestown, these concerts are made available free to the public through the support of the following: Chautauqua Region Community Foundation, The United Arts Appeal of Chautauqua County Projects Pool Grant Program, Allen Park Women’s Club, Local 134, American Federation of Musicians, Scandinavian Studies Program, The Resource Center, AJ’s Texas Hots, Fessenden, Laumer & DeAngelo, Lind Funeral Home, Raffa & Associates; Salon 1, and Wegmans.
As in previous years, members of the Allen Park Women’s Club will continue in their tradition of providing coffee, fudge and other baked goods during all of the concerts.
All concerts are free to the public and everyone is urged to bring their lawn chairs, blankets or park their vehicles close by and listen to the music from the comfort of their car.