Article Contributed by
Camp Mission Meadows
A week at camp can be a life changing experience for any child. Now, with the help of very generous donors, Mission Meadows will make it possible for everyone to enjoy that experience.
A friend and very generous donor of Camp Mission Meadows has provided a challenge grant which will allow many children and youth to attend a week of camp. The Dewittville, NY camp and retreat center, located on the shores of Chautauqua Lake, will be inviting campers who have not yet signed up for camp this summer to register for half-price. Campers who are currently registered for the 2017 season will also receive a special offer by registering a friend who has not yet signed up for camp.
- The Christian Camp and Conference Association reports that each week:
Only one-third of kids get enough exercise
- Teens spend less than 40 minutes in meaningful conversation with their parents
- Kids are more plugged in, spend less time outside and are less fit than past generations
A week at camp helps kids discover:
- The wonder of nature
- That they are loved
- The hope of positive relationships
- The peace that comes from accepting themselves and being accepted by a loving community
- That Jesus loves them and desires to have a relationship with them
To sign up and take advantage of this great offer, parents can visit www.missionmeadows.org, click on the “register” button, choose their camp week, fill out the information, put down the $50 deposit to guarantee their spot and list “Camp Staff” as the person who referred them for the discounted fee.